Consolidate – Keeping The Harvest
(Mark 1:17) “ Come ye after me and I will make you fishers of men.”
A consolidator is Holy, deeply passionate, available, knowledgeable of the Word of God, and committed to prayer.
Consolidation is the care and attention given the new believer to reproduce in him the character of Christ.
As he is transformed from a convert to a disciple, he will fulfill the purpose of God for his life and will produce
lasting fruit. In this session we will examine in detail the “how to “ of consolidation.
1. Purpose of Consolidation:
• Care for every new convert until there is permanent fruit for the Lord – 1 Thes. 2:7
• Reproduce in the new convert the character of Christ - Gal. 4:19
• Keep every believer a maker of disciples – 2 Tim. 2:2
2. Process of Consolidation:
• The calling of Jesus to His believers… “ follow me” – Mark 1:16-19
• Pray for the new believer – John 17:20
• The visitation… Jesus visited Peter’s home – Mark 1:29-31
• The teaching… Jesus taught to the people’s point of need.
• Sending out… After three years of discipling, Jesus sent out His (twelve).
3. Preparing For consolidation:
As a consolidator, you should first go through the following before ministering:
• Remove hidden sin that will destroy your authority.
• Monitor your heart through prayer to keep it passionate for souls……..
• Study the Word of God so you will be equipped for every good work - 2 Timothy3:16-17
• Keep yourself availablefor God to use.